This award recognises the individual who best demonstrates the most outstanding contribution in the fields of STEM, within the West Midlands Region.
STEM industries may include physical, natural, and life sciences, electronics, computing, and technology-related disciplines, multiple types of engineering, and any field that requires a heavy application of mathematical principles. See some examples given below:
- Life sciences – Ecology, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology, etc.
- Physical sciences – Geography, Chemistry, Geology, Astronomy, Physics, etc.
- Social sciences – Economics, History, Sociology, Psychology.
- Technology – Web development, Information technology, Network security, Digital Automation, System administration, Computer science, Software development.
- Engineering – Civil engineering, Environmental engineering, Biomedical engineering, Aerospace engineering, Chemical engineering,
- Mathematics and Applied mathematics – medicine, computer science, etc.