The Women’s Awards are open to all women across:
- the East Midlands Region (which covers the counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, and Rutland) AND
- the West Midlands Region (which covers Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, and West Midlands).
Entries are sought from, or on behalf of, women who have made an outstanding impact in their field of expertise, in relation to the categories listed.
Join us in recognising, celebrating and raising the profile of truly worthy women in the Midlands.
- Nominations open on Wednesday 1st January 2020.
- Nominations close on Monday 31st August 2020.
- Judging will take place on the week commencing Monday 14th September 2020. Shortlisted nominees will be also be announced.
- Winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony which will take place on TO BE CONFIRMED.
Please note the following rules when making your nominations:
- Individuals may be nominated by someone else or may nominate themselves.
- All entries will be treated confidentially.
- Nominations for each nominee is limited to a maximum of two categories only. Separate supporting information must be provided for each nomination.
- If you wish to be considered for or to nominate an individual for, more than one category, please submit one nomination form per category.
- Nominees will be contacted and offered the opportunity to provide additional information to support their nomination. The Women’s Awards reserve the right to withdraw any nomination where either the nominee has not responded to the request for additional information or it is felt the information provide is insufficient. Such nominations will not be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted nominees for some categories may be asked to provide additional information relevant to the award category. For example, the categories of Outstanding Female Entrepreneur, Professional Services and Education. This will be clearly explained when the nominee is contacted.
- Nominees for any category for the East Midlands Women’s Awards must live and work within the counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire or Rutland and have done so for the past 36 months.
- Nominees for any category for the West Midlands Women’s Awards must live and work within the counties of Herefordshire, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire or West Midlands and have done so for the past 36 months.
- Nominees, shortlisted candidates, and winners must consent to press and media coverage, and promotion for all Women’s Awards used in sponsorship/promotional materials by the organising organisation, sponsors and all media streams.
- Nominees must not have any pending or on-going legal proceedings that will bring the Women’s Awards into disrepute.
- Nominees must be available to attend the gala awards ceremony on Friday – Date, Venue & Time TO BE CONFIRMED.
- Unfortunately, entries cannot be returned so please keep a copy of your nomination for your own records.
- Entries can be made using the online entry form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use one entry form per nomination entry.
- Strict compliance with word count must be maintained in the nomination form, although there is the facility to upload additional documentation and provide URL links to further information.
- All nominees must be aged 18 or over on the date of their nomination.
- All nominees must be female (with exception of the Inspirational Male Supporting Women Leaders category, in which case the nominee must be male).
- The Women’s Awards welcome nominations from members of the LGBT communities.
- Winners will be announced at the gala dinner which will take place on Friday – Date, Time & Venue to be confirmed.